|Loreto Convent is run and managed by the Loreto Education Society. The
school is part of an international educational organization with schools in every continent.
The parent educational organization of the school has its roots in the Institute of the
Blessed Virgin Mary founded by Mary Ward in the 16th century. Nuns belonging to
the Irish branch of the institute are called Loreto nuns. The institute arrived in India
in 1845 and founded Loreto House in Calcutta. The school in Delhi came up in October 1964.
Loreto Convent is built on defense land and the terms of the land lease require it to
reserve 70% of the available seats for the children of defense personnel and cantonment